14 September, 1942, is considered as official birthday of the factory «Veterinary medicines». On that day Order No. 279-M issued by Peoples' Commissariat for Agriculture of USSR about acceptance chemical department of glass factory named after Dzerzhinsky in a town of Gus-Khrustalny of the People's Commissariat for Construction Material Industry of USSR to a system of the People's Commissariat for Agriculture of USSR and organization on its base of a factory for the production of creolin, which was called Creolin factory of All-Union State Trust of the Peoples' Commissariat for Agriculture of USSR "Soyuzvetsnabprom". Before, the chemical department of the glass factory specialized for processing peat tar waste, remaining after burning of peat in the boiler house.
The necessity to found the creolin factory in the central part of Russia was an urgent need in disinfectants, because a number of different animal diseases have dramatically increased during the first years of war conditions. Most companies specialized in medicines and disinfectants production were located in German-occupied territory. So the Peoples' Commissariat for Agriculture of USSR challenged the managers a high priority: to provide the realizing of disinfectants within the shortest possible period of time and then offering them to the veterinary military service of Red Army and to country's animal breeding in general.
Already at the end of 1942 the factory had already tested and realized the first lots of disinsectalin and laundry soap to wash the horses that were the pulling force in the Red Army. In 1943 the factory began to realize creolin based on peat tar waste. Creolin is a disinficant, which was universal remedy used not only for the disinfection of premises and acarus scabies, but for the treatment of purulent and infected wounds that time. 500 tons of creolin had been produced by the end of the year. In 1946, over 4000 tons of creolin had been already produced. In the coming years the assortment of the creolins had been expanded - activated types of exclusively dipping preparation with 3% and 6% content of hexachlorane. It made the dipping preparation an important mean of dipping measures in sheep breeding. In the 1980-s the production of creolin reached the point of 20000 tons a year.
In parallel with the main specialization (creolin production) the factory introduced new types of production - in 1955 production of ASD preparation (antiseptic, stimulant by Dorogov) had been established with the direct participation of inventor, in 1963 piperazin-adipinat production site with a capacity of 60 tons per year, monochloride iodine production site had been brought into operation. Also in 1963 the range of ointments and iodine based preparations had increased. In the 1980-s antibiotic based preparations production site had been built and brought into operation.
The range of the products had already been including about 30 items. In condition of increased range of the products, creolin factory was renamed into the factory "Veterinary medicines" in 1990.